Foz de Iguacu (Iguaçu Falls)
If you are going to see one waterfall in your life, make it Iguaçu Falls, which outshines all the others: Its breadth and power overwhelm the senses. Iguaçu is actually 275 separate falls laced together where Brazil meets Argentina, and each side has its own vistas and pleasures. Don a rain poncho and walk along the three miles of bridges and footpaths that take you exhilaratingly close to the falls. Then board a zodiac for a breathtaking trip down the river and through the rapids. Surrounding the falls is one of the world’s most beautiful landscapes: dense jungle lush from the mist filled with tropical birds and butterflies – and often crowned by a rainbow.
Must See Attractions
- Triple Frontier Landmark—obelisk representing the intersection of Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil
- Itaipu Tourism Complex—one of the world’s largest hydroelectric power plants
- Argentina side of falls—hike the many trails on the Argentina side.
- Bird Park– 175 exotic and often rare species clearly identified in natural, walk-through settings.
- Macuco Safari– combines a trail through the forest with a thrilling boat ride to within five meters of the base of the Falls.