Well-traveled couple wishing to experience the culture of Rio, Salvador and Sao Paulo as well as the wildlife of the South Western Pantanal.
Extremely well-traveled couple contacted Jill with a desire to experience the wildlife of the Pantanal region as well as the Afro-Brazilian culture of Salvador da Bahia. They also expressed an interest in the galleries and art of Sao Paulo.
- Jill Arranged an Art’s program with a Sao Paulo insider guide. Attended artist Paulo Bruscky’s show opening at the Museum of Modern Art of Sao Paulo. Bruscky is considered one of the pioneers of art works produced using electronic recording techniques; slide projection, fax, super-8 film, video, xerox, off-set printing.
- Visit to the art exhibition “Ciclo” at the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil of Sao Paulo. “Ciclo” provides a fresh look at common objects and how they are used by contemporary artists, modifying the everyday experience.
- Over view of the vibrant and colorful street art scene in Sao Paulo.
- Private plane charters to the South West Pantanal, for stays at the regions two best eco-lodges – Caiman Ecological Refuge and Fazenda Barranco Alto. The Pantanal is the largest wildlife refuge in the Western Hemisphere.
- Jill arranged an expert guide in Salvador – Paula Santos, whose knowledge of Afro-Brazilian history, religion and culture is only exceeded by her Bahian warm personality.
- Attended a Cultural Performance by Bale’ Folclorico da Bahia -The 38-member troupe of dancers, musicians, and singers performs a repertory based on a “Bahian” folkloric dances of African origin.
- In Rio, visits to the Estate of Brazil’s most famous landscape architect—Roberto Burle Marx. The estate includes thousands of plant species as well as a 17th Century Benedictine Chapel.