A Reunion Trip for Four Couples
Organize a reunion trip for four couples that had formed a bond on their first trip together six years earlier.
The couples had different budgets; two were retired and wanted to limit out-of-pocket expenses, the other two were still working and more willing to splurge. Some preferred independent travel, while others were more comfortable on a guided tour. They wanted to see as much of Brazil as they could on a 16-day trip. Because they were wine lovers, a trip to Argentina’s wine country was woven into the itinerary.
An Unforgettable Journey
Jill arranged an itinerary that included adventure, luxury, and urban and natural wonders – five well-chosen stops that mixed and matched the best of Brazil. Guided tours were followed by ample free time for exploration. All breakfasts and at least one other meal a day were included; suggestions were provided for meals on their own.
The trip began with two nights in Rio de Janeiro at a comfortable Ipanema beach front hotel with introductory tours led by an exceptional guide. They took an all-day city tour that culminated in a visit to Christ the Redeemer and later experienced the bohemian Rio nightlife in Lapa. In the Pantanal, the group spent three nights at an all-inclusive rustic eco-lodge, where they enjoyed morning and afternoon game drives.
Next, they flew to Iguacu Falls and they stayed within earshot of the roaring water in a Portuguese-colonial style luxury hotel. That was followed by two days in Buenos Aires, where they explored the city and its tango culture from a stylish boutique hotel in a trendy neighborhood. Their journey ended in Mendoza, Argentina, at an exquisite wine lodge and vineyard with views of the Andes Mountains.
It was a sublime ending to a perfect trip.
- Samba dancing at the Rio Scenarium
- Lunch at Aprazivel – an outdoor restaurant in the hills overlooking Rio
- Jewish cultural visit to the Grande Templo Israelita do Rio de Janeiro
- Horseback riding and game drives in the Pantanal
- Guided hikes on both sides of Iguacu Falls and a zodiac trip through the rapids
- A private tango lesson from professional dancers, followed by the Esquina Carlos Gardel Tango dinner show in Buenos Aires
- Winery tours in Mendoza, Argentina, with wine pairing/lunches